Sunday, August 27, 2017

P&P


One of my favorite movies of all time is the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice with Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth. I'm sure I have watched it at least a hundred times because I tend to put it on on the weekends when I am doing laundry. In fact, any scent of laundry detergent makes me think of P&P.

My sister first introduced me to the movie about twenty years ago. Since then I have watched every other version of the movie and I've read nearly every book associated with it. With the exception of anything to do with zombies. The BBC version is my very favorite above all others.

This blog post is entirely designed to list my top favorite quotes from this movie, not necessarily from the book:
  • Shelves in the closet; happy thought indeed.
  • Mr. Darcy is all politeness.
  • Not at all; they were brightened by the exercise.
  • You have an affectionate mother who will always make the most of it.
  • You have no compassion for my poor nerves.
    They have been my companion for these twenty years.
  • No lace, no lace, Mrs. Bennett, I beg you!
  • Are you in Meryton to subdue the discontented populace, sir, or do you defend Hertfordshire against the French?
  • Very ill,  Edward. No one knows what I suffer with my nerves.
    But then I never complain.
  • Other way, Mr. Collins!
  • And yet I am unmoved.


I do love the classics. I am also a huge fan of the BBC version of North and South with the beautiful Richard Armitage. I wish I could watch both of these series again for the first time.


Do you have a favorite?
Any other recommendations for me now that you know my preferences?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!