Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Simple Pleasures to Bring in the New Year: 2016

atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog 
It's the new year already: 2016.
Happy New Year!

As the new year came in I started to wonder what, if anything, I could do to initiate in this next year 2016 here on my blog. I would love to have taken on the task/pleasure of making of list of exceptional books that I want to read this year. But in all honesty I don't have the brain cells to do a great deal of research right now. But if you want to post an excellent book in the comments, you are welcome!

Instead I started to think about how beautiful my life is. The reasons for all of this beauty are the simple things that come with having a family, good friends, and a peaceful household. Boring, maybe. But I've had enough stress, drama, and BS for three life times. So grab your nearest coffee or tea mug and join me for a look at the simple pleasure and a lifetime of peace and joy.


Please, add your simple pleasures in the comments.


  • The clip art on Pinterest with the most beautiful words in English and other languages.
  • Bohemian-style decor, so comfortable and accepting of a normal amount of clutter and dirt
  • When my child looks into my hand, stops me from walking by, and pulls me into their arms or into their moment
  •  Tidying up the junk drawer
  • When someone on Facebook links something really sweet to your profile
  • Large, fluffy snow flakes
  • Tea and lemon biscotti
  • Reading a random book and discovering that you've discovered poetic beauty on its pages
  • Conversations with deep meaning and belly laughs, tears and laughter
  • Brand new crayons
  • That moment when the words are so beautiful you have to close the book, close your eyes, and saturate yourself in them
  • Time lost in a book store
  • That moment when you find that someone you really like is secretly also an atheist
  • When they hit the high note
  • A perfectly brown grilled cheese sandwich
  • When the kids start opening up in the car as we drive and I get the gift of hearing their innermost thoughts
  • Crunchy leaves
  • Overhearing someone say something really nice about you to someone else
  • Walking in the quiet of a place that is usually bustling with people
  • The uniqueness of each and every sunset
  • That thing where when you do things for someone else, you feel better
  • Listening to the music that your parents loved
  • Writing with your favorite pen
  • Finding lost notes hidden in books
  • Crepuscular rays
  • A good report at the dentist
  • Having my friends' kids friend me on Facebook so that I can keep up with them. 
  • In that vein, removing drama by simply unfriending on Facebook
  • Whispery conversations at the end of the day
  • Super clean teeth after brushing
  • Deep cleaning, vacuuming corners and air ducts, dusting knick knacks and blinds, cleaning under the cushions
  • Driving with the windows down
  • Revisiting old personal CDs full of music
  • The smell of lilac
  • Making lunch plans with friends
  • Finishing the last load of laundry
  • Picking up a new book, flipping through the pages, reading the back and the front, sliding down on the couch, and tucking in
  • Getting a great bargain
  • Watching a new meme or piece of clip art get posted hundreds of times on Pinterest

Forgive all of the cleaning references,
I've been tidying up after the holidays.
And I'm a mom. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Other posts you might enjoy:
 Desiderata
We Came, We Saw, We Concurred
My First Recap of 2013
Not Just for the New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!