Sunday, November 1, 2015

A Little of This, A Little of That

atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog 

In my life this week…
This week has been completely focused on the kids. Everyone is quite busy with their activities and I am the lucky one who gets to spend lots of one-on-one time with each teen in this house. Elizabeth is, again, working on a show at her college and she has been in rehearsals every night. She's digging what she's doing and she has lots going on with friends. She and I also talked about what her schedule for next semester might look like. She needs to really think about how to manage her time wisely so that she can be productive without feeling burned out if she's going to be involved in the spring theater production.

Jhevaunte is thinking about some upcoming travel to his hometown in Arizona to visit his family. There has been some family news that is bothering him so we've been processing some of that.

John and I have worked on lessons this week. But most of our time has been working on some emotional stuff and just having fun together. We went bowling one day and I was pretty impressed with him there. We are planning on going roller skating, ice skating, and climbing again soon. Now that the haunted house job is ending he will have some energy during the day again.

I've also been blogging, doing a show on SecularTv, and creating some lessons for John.

OH, and it's my birthday today.

The kids at my birthday dinner
In our homeschool this week…
John has been completing an algebra workbook on his own. I'm amazed that he can do that. Srsly. He and I have been doing freshman Civics as well as some American History and biographies to go along with it, for a more fully-developed frame to understand the Civics material. Because of our visit to Philadelphia last year, John finds the Declaration of Independence and all of that really interesting. I find the wording of that document truly inspired.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
I feel like we are always on the go...hmmmm...what are we doing? Just yesterday John and I drove almost a hundred miles round trip to pick up his girlfriend and to take her home so that they could hang out for Halloween...and for a scary movie night. Also a few other friend visits.

My favorite things this week were…
Time spent with my husband this morning, one-on-one time with Elizabeth, then John John, then JD. We did a fun photo shoot for the boys in a cemetery so that we could use a photo editing bit of software to create creepy pics.

I’m reading…
I'm reading several things. I'm reading a specialty National Geographic magazine on the Roman Empire. On my Nook ereader I am reading a book that is a collection of Ovid's letters, all of which are amazing to read in conjunction with the National Geographic as Ovid was a Roman writer of the first century CE. I am also reading a book called Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong by James W. Loewen. That title is a book that corrects the many, many, many misrepresentations and lies in revisionist history textbooks. Fantastic read! 
Possibly a Must Read!  

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
When asked why he was so happy, Jhevaunte replied:
You need a reason to be depressed but you don't need a reason to be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!