Tuesday, September 1, 2015

I Reserve the Right...

atheist parent atheist parent atheist parent atheist parent atheist parent atheist parent atheist parent atheist parent atheist parent atheist parent atheist parent atheist

I'm a generally, genuinely positive person. I honestly think that it helps that I don't remember things well.  lol With a memory like mine I'm lucky I can remember my own life history, much less your history.  Much less the many, many players in my husband's work spheres.

So I'm happy, really happy.
I'm optimistic.
I'm positive.

But there are several things that will always always piss me off or make me sounds dreadfully negative. Some homeschool things. Some atheist things. Some world things. I just have to share them in the spirit of transparency. I'm going to go ahead and post some of them here fully without apology...or defensiveness...and hopefully without also backpedaling.  :)
  • When one parent slanders the other to the kids.
  • When a parent slanders their children.
  • When children slander their parents.
  • Lies and SLANDER, apparently.
  • Pedophilia and child abuse of all kinds
  • The lack of good secular materials for homeschoolers
  • Fox News
  • Calumny in the name of religion
  • Casting guilt and shame of all sorts
  • Coercion through invective language
  • Blaming the victim
  • Racism
  • Every ism
I'm at a place in my life where I'm in the position of living outside of my comfort zone for fairly long stretches as I care for my sister. Because of this, I'm feeling reflective and contemplative, kind of fragmentary and inchoate. My thoughts are less specific and more in the realm of meta thoughts...but they will solidify as time goes on...


Because I am away from home, John is on his own with homeschool lessons...watch for the upcoming post were I talk about how we are managing his work while I am out of the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!