Wednesday, March 11, 2015

I am Not Political

secular parent
...but I often think that I really need to be.

I am appalled at so many stories in the news, yet I seldom do anything about it and I seldom take any political action. I have friends who are so active while I just shake my head and type No Way, that's not fair!  But I do little else.

Every so often I sign some online form if it's not too hard to sign in.

What about you?  Do you get involved in social injustice?

I just saw this article on the Oklahoma house passing a bill that would restrict the right to marry to people of faith and would mandate all marriage licenses be approved by a member of the clergy.

And this on the heels of that minister who "rehomed" his adopted daughters because he thought that they were possessed by demons. 

I am fuming!!!


Where is the bill in all fifty states stating that parents should understand freaking REALITY if they are to raise children?  Where is the governmental action requiring that all people who choose to adopt a child or who choose to create a child prove that they are not being told what to do by invisible people in the sky? Where is the governmental committee set aside specifically to make sure that this country stops making an ass of itself?

These two stories are just small examples of the i-n-s-a-n-i-t-y that the Christian majority or other religious zealots allow, condone, or somehow support. I am absolutely steaming tonight!!!!!  

Where to start?  What makes sense as a starting point for finally taking action? I write this blog, I have an online show for atheist parents, I write in other places online...but I need your help.

What can the average person do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!