Thursday, March 13, 2014

Do You Know Who I Am?


First of all, I am still the Homeschool Atheist Momma!
Atheist and apologists Atheist parenting homeschool secular parenting



Do You Know Who I Am?


When my daughter has some great news to tell, she comes and finds me. When she is angry and confused and about to explode, she comes and finds me. When my daughter is planning something big and is full of ideas and is brainstorming with a near manical excitement, she comes and finds me. When her writing creativity is pregnant and expansive, she finds me. When she is nearing exhaustion and her day feels dreary and gloomy, she looks for me.

The days that feel full of promise, where great things are happening and the agenda for the day is exciting, she comes to wherever I am and she finds me. When plans are in the making and special events are on the horizon, she comes and finds me. When she is feeling alone and missing friends or places that are in her heart, she finds me.

When my son is in his creative mode of thought and a zillion ideas are flashing through his mind with the speed of light, he comes and finds me. When he has an unencumbered hour and he is inexplicably bored, he comes and finds me. When he is full of spirit and humor and is spitting with delight, he comes to where I am and he finds me.

When he has been off doing some independent work or play and the ideas have been skyrocketing, he comes and finds me. When he is lonely and in need of conversation or connection, he finds me. When his activity requires some analysis and gestation, he looks for me.

When my husband is exhausted and in need of rest, he finds me. When his mind is active and pumping, he comes and finds me. When he has some idea for improvement in the family or the house or our lives, he comes and he finds me. When he has a success or a failure, he comes and shares it with me. When he is wrapped up in a million work-related things and feels disconnected from important things, he comes and he finds me.


My kids and stepkids
When they are hungry, angry, loving, sad, happy, needy, giving, loving...they look for me!  And I'll take that as long as they are giving it.

And that's who I am. 

I'm the mom.

Of course there is more to me. But see, I was raised without a mom. I was momless. Being the mom is such a mystery to me. It is a journey, a treasure, a thing that astonishes me every day. So, yeah, I'm the mom.


Who are you????

Special WELCOME
to readers from 

~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

Leave a comment!