Thursday, June 16, 2011

Those Who Can't



Something that has been on my mind. You know the old (and untrue) saying "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach."
WELL, I have observed some amazing people in the last few days and I would change that saying completely to: Some of those who can, do. Some of those who can, simply have to share their gift with love.
Thank You to the great teachers!



I'm not just saying this because my sister is about to get her teaching certificate. I'm saying this because my sister is about to get her teaching certificate and she is AMAZING. She can do her job WELL. She can do many things extremely well. She she wants to teach. Because she wants to share that with people who are interested in "getting " it. It makes me even more proud the woman that she is. She and I have, in the past, read books together and she has enabled me to see literature in a totally new and enlightened way. She is amazing!

Also, I'm saying this because my son is in a gymnastics class with some of the best instructors you can imagine! The last four men who have taught his various gymnastics classes certainly CAN compete and have competed. Each of them, in their own ways, are superior in their field. And they choose to teach, to pass their beloved hobby, skills, and passion on to the kids who are interested in it.

Also, one last person, my second grade teacher, MRS. BIESEGEL. She was such a good teacher that I STILL think fondly of her!


And so, I offer my new and improved axiom for teachers:

Some of those who can, do.  Some of those who can, simply have to share their gift with love.
 
And, speaking as a homeschooling parent, I can promise you, teaching is completely a labor of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!